School students with disabilities are able to participate in school to work transition programmes which include basic work ethics, works skills and generally preparing for life after school.
The organisation works collaboratively with the Department of Education, Employment and Training’s Student Services Branch to ensure appropriate placements and support.
Work Ready Skills Development Programme
The work ready program offers school leavers the opportunity to develop self-confidence, independence and personal growth for 12 months after graduating from High School, whilst learning work skills. This program is undertaken in a workplace setting at Kokoda Industries in Winnellie or ausdesigns in Palmerston. The service will aim to develop skills to prepare the school leaver to progress to a supported or open employment environment and will focus on the following areas:
- Social interaction skill development and social support in the work place
- Learning to self-manage some behaviours in the work place
- Learning about working with other people and dealing with their behaviours
- Motivation building
- Specific skill training for different jobs within the workplace
- Independent living skills, encompassing aspects such as travel training, money skills and time management etc.
Production of timber products such as pallets, lattice, survey pegs, garden stakes
Assembly of school literacy boards
Manufacture of steel, aluminium and timber products such as tables, benches, A-frame picnic tables, sprinkler stands and bicycle racks.
Manufacturing items such as tablecloths, placemats, table runners, napkins, food covers, aprons, carry bags, bandanas, conference bags, satchels, etc.
- Preparation and sale of industrial rags
- Specialist packaging for promotional needs
- Mail outs
- General assembly and packaging
- Screen printing
- Confidential paper shredding
- PPE supply
- Induction to the work place and Work Health & Safety
- On-the-job training for specific duties
- Individual training
- Safe operating procedures
- Opportunity for further education
If you wish to enquire please contact the Employee Services Co-ordinator
(08) 8947 0681