HPA, through DAS Support Services, aims to provide a range of accommodation options to Territorians with intellectual disabilities and low to medium support needs to live in the least restrictive environment.
Home – Provision of permanent full-time or part-time supervised accommodation for three occupants in a residential setting.
- Training Unit – fully furnished training unit for up to 3 residents
- 6 x 1 bedroom and 2 x 2 bedroom units are available to live independently with outreach support, situated in Palmerston.
- 3 x 2 bedroom and 1 x 1 bedroom units are available for clients to live independently with outreach support, situated in the Northern Suburbs.
Semi Independent Support is provided on a daily basis to three residents living in the Training Unit attached to the Group Home, by support staff. Support and Training is provided in areas such as cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping, budgeting, banking and use of public transport.
Outreach Support is provided to people living independently in the community in either units rented from HPA, NT Housing or privately owned. Support and training is provided on an assessed needs basis and include basic living skills including cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping, budgeting, banking, bill paying, medical appointments, use of public transport and accessing community activities.
Darwin Accommodation Services Criteria
To be eligible for Darwin Accommodation support services a person must meet the following;
- Has a disability with low to medium support needs
- Being of age 16 or over
- Must be a recipient of a Disability Support Pension
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to live in one of the following options:
- Group Home
- Training Unit
- Outreach Support – HPA properties and a clients’ homes
An assessment will be made to ensure that the service has the resources to meet the individual’s required level of support and needs.
Admission Procedure & Application Process
- Contact DAS Support Services
(08) 8984 4036
- An Application Form will be sent to you. Complete it and return it to us.
- A meeting will be arranged on receipt of your Application Form to discuss your eligibility and the availability of current accommodation options.